Radiant heating has a wide variety of advantages. It is much more efficient than standard baseboard heating and much of the time it is more efficient than forced-air heating. People with allergies often prefer radiant heat because it doesn’t distribute allergens like forced air systems can. Hydronic (liquid-based) systems use less electricity, which benefits homes in areas with high electricity prices or that are off the power grid or. Hydronic systems use a wide variety of different energy sources to heat the liquid, including standard gas- or oil-fired boilers, wood-fired boilers, solar water heaters, or a combination of these sources.
Radiant heating systems supply heat directly to the floor or to panels in the wall or ceiling of a house. The systems depend largely on radiant heat transfer — the delivery of heat directly from the hot surface to the people and objects in the room via infrared radiation. Radiant heating is the effect you feel when you can feel the warmth of a hot stove-top element from across the room. When radiant heating is located in the floor, it is often called radiant floor heating or simply floor heating.
- Buderus GB312 Condensing Gas Boiler
- Buderus GB 162 Condensing Gas Boiler
- Buderus GB142 Condensing Gas Boiler
- Alpine 95% Efficiency Condensing Gas Boiler
- Alpine Commercial 95% Condensing Gas Boiler
- K2 Water Tube Condensing Gas Boiler
- K2 Firetube Condensing Gas Boiler
- X-C Condensing Gas Boiler
- Logano GC144 Gas Conventional Boiler
- Logano G234X Gas Conventional Boiler
- Logano G334X Gas Conventional Boiler
- ES2 85% Efficiency Gas/Water
- ESC 85% Efficiency Gas/Water
- Series 3 84% Efficiency Gas/Water
- Series 2 82% Efficiency Gas/Water
- Independance 82% Efficiency Gas/Steam
- Radiant For Water or Steam Systems
- Slenderized For Water or Steam Systems
- Baseray For Water or Steam Systems
- Classic For Water or Steam Systems
We have been very impressed with all aspects [of the job] – explainations, installation and follow-up! Excellent workmanship – very good program!
The installation team cleaned up at the end of the day. Excellent job – outstanding workmanship.
– Shirlene & Robert A. – Olympia, WA