A chiller is a machine that removes heat from a liquid via a vapor-compression or absorption refrigeration cycle. This liquid can then be circulated through a heat-exchanger to cool equipment, or another process stream (such as air or process water).
Condenser water systems are not required with air–cooled chillers. In the air–cooled chiller refrigeration cycle, water enters the evaporator (also known as the cooler) and is cooled by the colder refrigerant flowing through the other circuit inside the evaporator.
The liquid is drawn from the tank, pumped through the chiller and back to the tank. In industrial water chillers is the use of water cooling instead of air cooling. In this case the condenser does not cool the hot refrigerant with ambient air, but uses water that is cooled by a cooling tower.
A compact and simple to operate indoor rated chiller system designed for nano brewery, winery, distillery applications.
- Up to 3/4 HP
- Cooling Capacity to 6,600 BTU/HR
Combining an economic price with proven and reliable operation. Common applications are smaller production breweries, boutique wineries and craft distilleries.
- Up to 9 HP
- Cooling Capacity to 80,635 BTU/HR
- See the Chilstar series specifications chart
- Download the standard 2HP Chilstar layout
- Download the standard 3HP Chilstar layout
- Download the standard 4.25HP Chilstar layout
- Download the standard 7.5 Chilstar layout
Our “work horse” series offering single and dual refrigeration circuits that’s a perfect solution for customers planning to grow, providing the ability to expand capacity in the future.
- Up to 27 HP
- Cooling Capacity to 240,674 BTU/HR
- See the MA series specifications chart
- Download the standard dual compressor 5HP MA layout
- Download the standard single compressor 5HP MA layout
- Download the standard dual compressor 7.5HP MA layout
- Download the standard single compressor 7.5HP MA layout
- Download the standard dual compressor 10HP MA layout
- Download the standard single compressor 10HP MA layout
- Download the standard dual compressor 12HP MA layout
- Download the standard single compressor 12HP MA layout
**All Perfecta Pour® glycol power packs include a 90 day labor and one year parts and compressor warranty. Three year extended compressor warranty available for an additional charge.
- 1/5 HP Perfecta Pour Glycol Chiler – Air Cooled
- 1/3 HP Perfecta Pour Glycol Chiller – Air Cooled
- 1/3 HP Perfecta Pour Dual-Temp Glycol Chiller – Air Cooled
- 5/8 HP Perfecta Pour Glycol Chiller – Air Cooled
- 5/8 HP Perfecta Pour Dual-Temp Glycol Chiller – Air Cooled
- 5/8 HP Perfecta Pour Glycol Chiller – Water Cooled
- 1 HP Perfecta Pour Glycol Chiller – Air Cooled
- 1-1/4 HP Perfecta Pour Glycol Chiller – Water Cooled
- 1 HP Perfecta Pour “Sub-Zero” Glycol Chiller – Air Cooled (Brochure not available.)
- 1-1/4 HP Perfecta Pour “Sub-Zero” Glycol Chiller – Water Cooled (Brochure not available.)
Eliminate or reduce refrigeration on your milk cooler! When you use a Mueller Compact Chiller in conjunction with a Mueller Accu-Therm plate heat exchanger, you can either instant cool or precool your milk, depending on the milk flow.
Cow milk is collected at an average temperature of around 37°C, the body temperature of the animal. In fresh milk from healthy cows one can hardly find harmful micro organisms. However, since fresh milk is an excellent growth medium for bacteria, the milk must be protected against contamination after milking. If the milk is stored and cooled immediately, at a temperature of around 4°C, the growth of bacteria will be minimal.
Depending on the milk flow, with this chiller – in combination with a Mueller milk cooling tank – you can either instant cool or pre-cool your milk. The Mueller Chiller Advanced cools a glycol solution (food grade), which circulated internally through the Spiral Cooler. This results in rapid cooling of the milk.
Mueller’s Chiller Excellent is the most energy-efficient cooling system in the world. Used for instant cooling as well as for additional cooling, this chiller is designed for ease of operation and installation utilizing the high-quality scroll condensing unit which saves energy and provides for lower electrical cost. The Chiller Excellent, in conjunction with an Accu-Therm plate heat exchanger, can be used for either instant cooling or heavy pre-cooling, depending on the dairy needs.
The primary application for Mueller’s falling film chiller is to cool food-grade liquids that will become an ingredient in a food product, or that will come into contact with a food product. Other applications include cooling fluids that have an initial temperature of more than 80F degrees, as this task cannot be accomplished by most conventional chillers.
Designed For All Your Bakery Needs!
Get peace of mind with Paul Mueller Company Bakery Chillers. With automatic water temperature control, you can program the desired temperature and let the Bakery Chiller take care of the rest.
The Mueller patented quad-plate chiller is specially designed with built-in freeze protection to chill water to 34°F without costly chiller damage.
Chilled Water For Industrial Cooling Applications
Mueller packaged chillers provide a superior source of chilled water for most industrial cooling applications. Our packaged chillers range in capacities from 1-90 tons.
Commercial and Industrial Process Cooling
- Commercial Air Conditioning
- Oil Cooling
- Injection Molding Cooling
- Plating Process Cooling
- Welding Machine Cooling
- Computer Room Air Conditioning
- Laser Cooling
- Dry Cleaning Machine Cooling
- Jacket Cooling
- Water Cooled Condenser Cooling
- X-Ray Developer Cooling
- Photo Process Cooling
Medical Process Cooling
- M.R.I. Magnet Cooling
- Operating Room Air Conditioning
- P.E.T. Scan Cooling
- C.A.T. Scan Cooling
- Lab Testing
- Hypothermia Blankets
Our sales representatives can help you find the right chiller for your unique application. Give us a call today.
We have been very impressed with all aspects [of the job] – explainations, installation and follow-up! Excellent workmanship – very good program!
The installation team cleaned up at the end of the day. Excellent job – outstanding workmanship.
– Shirlene & Robert A. – Olympia, WA